Koraunui Hub celebrated its first birthday with a party on Saturday 4 November.
Visitors, staff and volunteers were treated to a large birthday cake, a sausage sizzle and musical performances from some of the groups who have been based in the hub over the past year:
- Arohanui Strings
- Stokes Valley institution – Music Box
- Their own in-house Ukulele Orchestra – who had everyone singing along.
It was a fun day with about 80 people coming to celebrate and an extremely positive vibe all round from the community.
Since opening on Monday 30 November, 2017, the hub has hosted 268,438 visitors which is a massive number of people coming through the doors and really shows the impact this Hub has on the Stokes Valley community!
The below quotes are from visitors, written on the Hub’s ‘what does the hub mean to you’ wall. They perfectly sum up what having this hub means to the community:
- “positive change”
- “home away from home”
- “I love the hub because it has learning books for kids, I love it”
- “great for the community, meeting place for all”
- “Koraunui: the coronary heart of SV”